06/27/14 - 06/29/14
For the first time ever at a Ford Raptor event you will be able to compare your time on a set course to the time of other Ford Raptors. The course will be specifically setup for Ford Raptors and will be a closed course with a whoops section and a few Raptor friendly jumps. The event will be based at the one of the World of Outlaw’s locations, I-96 Speedway – 3823 Portland Rd, Lake Odessa, MI 48849
The GLRE Time Attack is located in between Lansing and Grand Rapids Michigan and is the closest any Ford Raptor event has been to a major city. Located less than 20 minutes from Grand Rapids, MI and less than 1.hour to the Lake Michigan Shore, The GLRE Time Attack is the perfect chance to visit everything off-road related that Grand Rapids/Western Michigan has to offer. Within 1.5 hours from the hotel is the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and the Baldwin Trails.
Below are the specifications of I-96 Speedway
- Track will be setup for Raptors
- Large pit area
- Onsite Concessions
- Restroom Facilities
- Large parking lot with separate Vendor, Participant and spectator parking
There will be 3 overall classes
Open Class Open to all trucks with a cash prize payout to the top 5 finishers
- Unlimited modifications
- Truck must have started out as a production Ford Raptor prior to modifications
Limited Class Open to all naturally aspirated Ford Raptors with a cash prize payout to the top 5 finishers
- No Power adders (Nitrous and/or forced induction) allowed!
- Electronic tuning, CAI’s and Exhaust upgrades are allowed.
- Suspension upgrades must be BOLT-ON without the need of additional fabrication to mount shocks, springs, etc.
- The bed of the truck must remain completely intact, however, fiberglass bed sides are allowed
Sportsman Class Open to all Ford Raptors competing for bragging rights, no cash prizes. *Sportsman Class participants are not required to partake in lap timing*
Includes two event t-shirts & lanyards, entry into registration/social hour, course entry, raffle and two event number placards.
- $325 for Sportsman Class
- $475 for Limited Cass ($150 per driver goes into cash pool.)
- $600 for Open Class ($300 per driver goes into cash pool.)
- 100% sober driving only-A track official will be checking.
- Only Driver and Co-driver allowed in the vehicle. No passengers allowed in back seat
- Everyone in your vehicle must have a filled out waiver. NO Exceptions
- Helmets Snell2000 and higher Approved are required 100% of the time while on track, Motocross, SA rated, M rated. Helmets not allowed All others.
- No loose in cab/bed items. Tools, drink bottles, garbage, trail gear, etc. must be removed or properly secured and stowed.
- Hands/Limbs must be kept in vehicle at all times!
- Do not venture off the set track.
- Alcohol consumption is allowed after you are done driving for the day.
- Illegal drug use will not be tolerated at any time
- Know the limitations of your driving ability and your Raptor in the conditions.
- No Malicious destruction of property allowed. IE. No Doughnuts on track
- No Littering
- Everyone in your vehicle must have a filled out waiver. NO Exceptions!
The GLRE reserves the right to add or modify participant rules, guidelines and requirements as seen fit to insure participant & spectator safety.
Friday (6/7/2014) Silver Lake Sand Dunes during the day. Then Registration / Social hour sponsored by Ford Raptor Forum at Hilton in Grand Rapids
- 1200 – A group of Raptors will be at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes
- 1900 – Registration at the Hilton
Saturday (6/28/2014) Practice presented by RSiWORKS – based on Truck Class- 2-4 hour block per grouping
- 0800 – Vendor setup
- 0930 – Rules/Drivers meeting
- 1000-2000 – Open Track practice
- 1900 – Raffle
Sunday (6/29/2014) Time Trials presented by WSI Fabrication – Starting with Sportsman class, Limited Class will start 15mins after the completion of Sportsman Class and Open Class 15 minutes after that.
- 0930 – Drivers meeting/Track Walk
- 1000 – Finish- Sportsman, Limited, Open
- Award ceremony to follow
Other things to do while at the Time Attack:
- Grand Haven, MI – 40 mins
- Gilmore Classic Car Museum – 1 hour
- Baldwin Trails – 1.25 hours
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes – 1.5 hours
- Rouge Factory Tour (Where Raptors are built) – 2 hours away
- Automotive Hall of Fame – 2hours Away
LBmediaLLC will be on hand at the Dunes and I96 Speedway providing free High Resolution images.
Hilton of Grand Rapids – Group link will be emailed after registering
4747 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512