10/19/18 - 10/24/18
For years Raptor owners who have Super/Sports cars have been asking when we are going to do a Road Rally like The SnoBall was originally based off of. Secretly we have been working on something in the background, but could never pull off the correct timing to make everything work logistically.
This October we are going to offer the first GLRE Rally. The team format with multiple stops, overnight stays and private track day. This is not a follow the leader type of event per say. The groups will get shuffled around and there may or may not be different leaders though out the group. Overall our goal just like all the other events is everyone completes the event. There maybe small cells of cars here or there along the route but the majority will be within 5-10 miles of each other.
This event includes 5 nights of high end hotels, a total of more than 1650 miles, Distillery tour, Private Track Day, GLRE Rally Livery Kit, Swag packs, 2 dinners provided by our title sponsor Clarus Merchant Services.
This journey will take us south from Chicago area into the Smokey Mountains, Bourbon Country, Music City and more. Late October is a great time to be in the Smokey Mountains and surrounding area because of the incredible scenery and leaves changing colors.
This event is currently limited in size due to hotel availability. Be sure to register early to secure your spot in this incredible journey.
Schedule, Stops, Hotels:
October 19, 2018- Friday
The Kickoff of the GLRE Rally starts in the Greater Chicago area. We have a GLRE Rally registration space at the Blue Chip Casino. This location is where you will pick up all of your driver items(Swag pack, Livery kit, shirts and more). After the registration we will be staying at the Blue Chip Casino for a night of entertainment and fun.
Hotel: Blue Chip Casino
October 20, 2018- Saturday
The official departure for the GLRE Rally will be at 9am from at:
- We will have a driver briefing and day overview before departing as a group.
We will depart at 9 am on out way to Nashville. One the way, we will make a stop for lunch and a distillery tour in Louisville/Bardstown. In the registration form you will need to choose what Tour option you would like for your team. The choices are Heaven Hill and Willett Distillery. Unfortunetly the tours are 21 and older only.
From Louisville area we will cruise the beautiful country side of Kentucky and Tennessee on our way to Nashville. We will be staying at Gaylord Opryland Resort, which is located right next to the Grand Ole Opry. There is a concert/show that evening at 7pm if you are interested in attending. Downtown is a short Uber/Lyft ride away..
Hotel: Gaylord Opryland
October 21, 2018- Sunday
Based on what will more than likely be a late night we will depart at 10am and head towards the Devils Triangle/Cherhola Skyway/Tail of the Dragon US129. We will stop at Deals Gap Resort to talk about the roads, BS and take a break or 2. There are some secrets/rules to this road to be safe yet still have fun that we will go over. Afterwards we will head to Harrahs in Cherokee, NC for the Night. Harrahs has multiple restaurants, bars and gathering places to relax and hang out.
We will stay at the Harrah’s in Cherokee 2 nights to allow everyone to leave their bags and extra items in the hotel room while participating in the Track Day.
Hotel: Harrahs Cherokee
October 22, 2018- Monday-Private Track Day
We will depart at 8am and make our way to the Atlanta Motorsports Park. The following information was pulled from the Atlanta Motorsports Park website.
AMP’s main road circuit is a two mile long road course that was designed by Formula One track architect Herman Tilke. The track consists of 16 turns and 98 feet of elevation changes throughout the course. Two famous corners have also been incorporated into the track: Spa-Francorchamp’s corner of Eau Rouge and the famous Carousel corner from Germany’s Nürburgring track.
The group will be split into 2 or 3 groups depending on track day experience. Each group will have atleast three 20min sessions.
- Unfortunately no trucks are allowed to participate in the track day. This is a rule of Atlanta Motorsports Park.
- No one Under 18 is allowed to drive on Track
- Helmets required for Track day: Snell SA2010 or newer
- Sound Limit 98dB 50 ft from the edge of the track. Anyone over will be asked to stop driving
- All Vehicles will have a tech inspection sheet completed
After the Track day we will head to a BBQ Restaurant for dinner provided by Clarus Merchant Services.
Hotel: Harrahs Cherokee
October 23, 2018- Tuesday
We will depart at 9am exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway, Smokey Mountains, Diamondback , The Devils Whip and other winding roads from Cherokee to Charleston, WV. There will be multiple places for photo ops and stops like Little Switzerland and others to catch up with friends, new and old.
After arriving at Mardi Gras Casino and Resort we will have our last group dinner. Dinner is provided by Clarus Merchant Services.
Hotel: Mardi Gras Casino and Resort
October 24, 2018- Wednesday
Head home, if you are heading North we will be going though more winding roads in WV and Ohio on the way. Everyone is more than welcome to join and depart whenever it is convenient for your journey home.
- First and foremost this is a fun event. Not a Competition nor a Race. Do not speed. GLRE Highly suggest and Recommends not driving faster than the Post speed limit. You are responsible for any laws that you break at any time. GLRE takes no responsibility for your actions.
- No Drinking and Driving
- Do NOT Tailgate
- Be Respectful of property, public and private.
- All participants must sign the waiver and registrations forms
- Apple Product with Motion X- With this you can follow where all other participants are as well as loading the route.
- VHF Radio with GLRE Frequencies programmed * The Event Lead will be communicating on this
- Waze- For the obvious reason. Navigation
- Spare Tire
- Up to date vehicle maintenance * As stated before, our goal is everyone finish the event. But if your car brakes down we may be forced to leave you in a safe place for the better of the group
- AAA Membership- Its cheap insurance in case you do break down/run out of gas/ have a flat
Registration includes:d 5 nights of high end hotels, a total of more than 1650 miles, Distillery tour, Private Track Day, GLRE Rally Livery Kit, Swag packs, lunch and dinner at the track day.
All registered team will receive a detailed list of the schedule.
- Until August 18th: 100% Refundable
- August 19- Sept. 18th: 50% Refundable
- Sept 19th- Event: Non Refundable – GLRE will send you all registration items via mail. (Shirts, Placards, Livery, etc)
Tail of the Dragon