09/25/14 - 09/28/14
The Ford Raptor Forum once again has joined forces with Great Lakes Raptor Excursions in setting up the largest Ford F-150 Raptor gathering North of the Mason-Dixon Line! Located in the heart of Eastern Pennsylvania’s “Coal Country.” This is going to be a 4 day event based out of Rausch Creek Off-Road Park in Tremont, PA. We have rented more than 1500 acres of the park which will be exclusive to the participants of this event. Participants will receive event t-shirts, swag packs (including sponsor items, stickers and/or brochures) and door placards. The “Havoc in the Hills: 2” event will be raising money for BeTheMatch. This event is going to take place September 25-28th, 2014. Please read below for all event details and feel free to ask any questions. I look forward to seeing the turnout at this event and meeting as many FRF members as possible. The Rausch Creek Offroad Park is well within a 12 hour drive of most major cities in the Northeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, so I feel it is an incredibly accessible central location for the majority of FRF members. We have some great sponsors and special events planned for the weekend so stay tuned as the FRF‘s Havoc in the Hills: 2 madness unfolds!!! Event Breakdown Location:
Event registration at hotel beginning at 7pm in the Comfort Inn Main Lobby
8am mandatory driver’s meeting with GLRE & RCORP staff. After drivers meeting trucks will stage and begin running the course. Approximately 5pm the course will be shut down for the banquet & charity raffle.
The banquet will begin at 6pm shortly after everyone gets dinner the Charity Raffle will begin. Before the banquet & raffle the Rausch Creek Staff will be having a bonfire at the park for event participants to gather around.
After drivers meeting trucks will stage and begin running the course. Approximately 6pm we’ll break for dinner, support staff will begin changing the course for the night run.
Off-Road Auxillary Lighting is Required to participate in the night run!!
Approximately 8pm trucks will stage and begin running a completely new night course until approximately 11-11:30pm.
8am mandatory driver’s meeting with GLRE & RCORP staff. It’s not a GLRE event without some proper trail running, Sunday will be a 6hr+ guided trail ride much like last year only in some completely new areas not normally accessible to wheelers. It’s recommended that you plan on packing a lunch or at very least snacks and non-alcoholic beverages for the ride.
Havoc in Hills Rules:
- 100% Sober Driving.
- Alcohol consumption will not be tolerated on trails or any time you are driving. Remember the park is private property and they do not allow alcohol on premises.
- Illegal drug use will not be tolerated. Same as alcohol consumption
- Do not tailgate
- No littering, leave the park in better condition than you arrived
- Know the limitations of your driving ability and your Raptor in the conditions.
- No whiners!
- Everyone in your vehicle must have a filled out GLRE & RCORP waiver. NO Exceptions! You will not be allowed to participate without everyone having a completed waiver.
Every truck must have these items at a minimum before participating:
- A driver with a good attitude!
- All maintenance up to date and no major issues
- Decent tires: We’re not going to go around and checking everyone’s tires but if you have very little remaining tread do us a favor and get them replaced before the event.
- Spare tire/tires secured and located in the bed of the truck. Contact WSI & KHC for mounting solutions
- Helmet(s) – Mandatory for the closed course/high speed areas
- Tow strap at least 20’ and rated to pull the truck and 2 D rings
- Boots: You may have to get out into mud so have the appropriate footwear.
- Outdoor clothing: This event is rain or shine so like above have the appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.
Recommended additional items:
- You do not need a Co-pilot but it is recommended to help with communication traffic and navigating the trails. Plus it’s more fun with someone in the truck with you.
- VHF/FRS radio
- Navigation: Lowrance, Garmin, Android/Apple tablet with an offroad map app.
- Extra Spare tires
- A Come along
- Floor jack and some wood blocks to help support it in soft surfaces
- Auxiliary lighting* Optional for the event, but REQUIRED to participate in the KC HiLites Night Run
- First Aid Kit
- Spare parts such as LCA & UCA bolts, brake lines, brake line caps, serpentine belts, general useful hardware.
Primary Hotel: Comfort Inn 433 Suedberg Road , Pine Grove, PA, US, 17963 Phone: (570) 345-8031Fax: (570) 345-2308 Reservation is under “Ford Raptor Forum” Room rate: $71.00 a night
Overflow hotels: Relax Inn 32 rooms WiFi – HBO 570-345-8095 Econo Lodge 570-345-4099 51 Rooms Available HBO / ESPN Hampton Inn 481 Suedberg Road Pine Grove, PA 17963 (570) 345-4505
Camping There is primitive (no services) camping available at the Rausch Creek ORP, we are charging $15.00 per person for the weekend for those interested in camping. The $15.00 is to help cover the cost of port-a-jons in the camping area. for those looking for a more well equipped campground here are some more options:
Camp-A-While, Exit 112 of Interstate 81 570-682-8696 Camp A While Campground
Twin Grove Park & Campground 1445 Suedberg Road Pine Grove, PA 17963 (717) 865-4602 Twin Grove Park Campground Pine Grove, PA
AVOID Echo Valley!!! They are not RCORP participant friendly.
Rausch Creek Off-Road Park