01/15/21 - 01/18/21
This marks the 9th anniversary of SnoBall and where GLRE got started. For 2021 we are currently limited in size as in the past.
6 Groups will be led by:
- Alpha –Jason
- Bravo –Keith
- Delta –Red
- Echo –Shawn
- Yeti –Ted
- Zulu –TJ
Regular Registration includes:
- 3 Days over 700 miles of offroading in the snow covered UP of Michigan, lead by GLRE Offroad support drivers, the most qualified and experienced Ford Raptor drivers in the UP of Michigan. All support drivers have First Aid kits and have taken CPR/First Aid classes.
- 2021 SnoBall Cold Weather Apparel for each participant
- 2021 SnoBall Placards
- Entry to registration with Cash Bar and Vendors
- Entry to the 2021 SnoBall Banquet and Raffle
- Custom GLRE Offroad/ SnoBall face coverings
Covid-19 Protocols- Currently the UP is experiencing an increase in Covid 19 cases, we have made some additional changes to limit the spread and still hold a safe/fun event. Since many people are traveling from all over the country to the UP the following steps are currently being taken. These may change or update as subject to State/Federal guidelines.
- Please maintain Social Distancing when at Registration, Drivers meetings and Banquet
- Masks Required at Registration and Drivers meetings if indoors.
- Banquet will be a plated dinner(not Buffet as in the past) with a Maximum of 6 persons per table from your group.
- Bio Breaks although naturally social distance applies, extra care should be taken.
- If feeling sick or have symptoms 14 days before or during the event please contact GLRE Offroad.
REGISTRATION- Currently Sold Out! Please contact for Waitlist
The 2021 SnoBall is the 9th Annual premier winter Raptor Run/driving experience. Some of the greatest memories and stories of Raptor adventures have been created during the past SnoBall’s and this years will for sure be no different in creating memories and stories. This year we will be staying at the Island Resort and Casino.
In the past DISHNO, Grapevine and Peshekee Grade have been virtually impassable. Peshekee Grade Completed in 2013 & 2018, Dishno in 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 & 2019. At the 2021 Snoball you and your Raptor will encounter everything that Mother Nature and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan can throw at it. There will be areas of two track roads, logging trails, forest service roads and country roads all of these roads will have varying degrees of snowfall on them, from significant snow fall to minimal/scraped country roads.
From the moment you put the SnoBall official placard on your truck you are in for one of the most unique and exciting weekends ever. This is not a race we will stay together as a pack and work as a team to insure everyone makes it to each destination. The goal is for everyone to complete each dedicated route. If breaking trail the truck and trucks in the front have to do all of the work, to speed up the forward progress your group lead may ask for additional help from drivers or co-drivers in the back.
We have made some significant changes to the format and route this year. There are 3 specific routes, allowing only 2 groups on each trail at a time. This will minimize waiting and backups due to deep snow, stuck or broken down vehicles. As always, Dishno, Peshekee Grade and Grapevine roads north of Champion are part of the planed route.
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions has chosen some of the most capable and experienced drivers as your group lead and chase trucks. You and your Ford Raptor will explore over 700 miles of the picturesque Upper Peninsula of Michigan within your group of 15 other Raptors. Lead and Chase trucks are outfitted with first aid kits, extraction equipment, VHF radio communications, GPS navigation and trail knowledge to get everyone to the final destination safely.
But the driving isn’t the only appeal to this run. We will also be staying at the nicest Hotel/Casino in the Upper Peninsula, The Island Resort and Casino. This will give you plenty of time to interact with your group talk about the “Killer J turn Jimmy” preformed or when Keith backed into a tree etc.*****Please no Air Horns in the Casino.
Friday Night (1/15/2021)
There will be a mandatory SnoBall kick off and registration from 7:00pm to 10:00pm in the Eagle/Bear room by the Convention Center. There will not be a Vendor area this year.
- 1900-2200 EST: SnoBall kick off meeting and registration at Reception/Bar area in the Eagle/Bear room
All event times are in Eastern Time )
Day 1: Saturday (1/16/2021)
This is the day everyone has been waiting for!!!! At 8:30am there will be a drivers meeting to go over some basics and so that everyone is on the same page. 3 teams will leave right after the drivers meeting and heading towards Dishno, Peshekee and Grapevine. The remaining 3 team will have a late breakfast then leave afterwards.
- 0830 EST: Drivers Meeting with your group in your designated area
- 0900 EST: Groups to start departing the Island Resort
Day 2: Sunday (1/17/2021)
The group will be split in have with new teams breaking trail and the others following behind. Half of the groups will go down Au Train and the other Half Norway Truck Trail. Depending on your teams timing etc lunch or Dinner maybe at the Up North Lodge.
- 0830 EST: Drivers Meeting with groups
- 0900 EST: Groups to start departing the Holiday Inn Express
Day 3: Monday (1/18/2020)
More Snow, More Cold, More Fun! Groups will flip routes and head up the Central UP. This is the final day so get all your ice road drifting out of your system. As alway we will have the banquet this evening and it promises to be a great time as always.
- 0830 EST: Drivers Meeting with groups
- 0900 EST: Groups to start departing the Island Resort and Casino
A formal plated dinner is in order this year because of the current Covid Requirements. As always there will be the raffle with currently over 20k in sponsorship items.
- 1845 EST: SnoBall Banquet/ Awards presentation in the Island Resort and Casino’s banquet room, there will be a Cash Bar open at the banquet.
Depart for Home: Safe Travels
$525 -per Truck/Driver and Co-Driver: Includes 2 SnoBall Winter Apparel Items(Might do something other than Sweatshirts this year), GLRE/SnoBall face coverings, The 2021 SnoBall Placards, and entrance into SnoBall closing event.
- 100% Sober Driving. Alcohol consumption will not be tolerated on trails or anytime you are driving. Remember these are state/public roads. If caught you will be asked to leave.
- Illegal drug use will not be tolerated. Same as alcohol consumption
- Do not tailgate
- No littering
- Know the limitations of your driving ability and your Raptor for the conditions.
- No whiners!
- Everyone in your vehicle must have a filled out waiver. NO Exceptions! You will not be allowed to participate without everyone having a completed waiver.
- FUEL YOUR TRUCK UP EVERY EVENING!!!!!!!
What you need to bring
First and foremost every truck, Driver and Co-Pilot must be ready for the Ultimate cold weather Raptor Run ever planned. A positive attitude goes a long way. We will stay as a group though out this event and arrive at each destination as a pack, this is NOT a race. There will be times where the group is moving along great and other times where someone is stuck. The person stuck could be you one of the times so get out and help your fellow group members, its part of the appeal. Being as it is winter there maybe changes along the way depending on snow level for better and worse. Snow is the key to this trip, while it will be fun with minimal snow, blizzard type conditions make it unbelievable. Please keep an open mind and be prepared to be a part of the best cold weather Raptor Run ever planned.
Every truck must have these items at a minimum before participating in The 2019 SnoBall:
- VHF Radio or a MUR’s Radio (Marine VHF radios will not work)
Radio Frequencies (Please make sure that your radio is programmed for these frequencies)
- 151.820 MHz GLRE1
- 151.880 MHz GLRE2
- 151.940 MHz GLRE3
- 152.000 MHz TRR1
- 152.750 MHz TRR2
- Working 4wd and all maintenance up to date with no major issues
- Rear facing amber lights. Baja Design S1 or S2 with a GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake light is the most popular option
- Good tires: With a lot of tread remaining.
- Spare tire/Tires secured and located in the bed of the truck. Contact RPG Offroad, TruckTyle or KHC for mounting solutions
- 2 bags of sand or cat litter
- One shovel
- 1 Quart of ATF Fluid ** Gen 1 Requirement
- Tow strap at least 20’ and rated to pull the truck
- Winter boots: Lacrosse, Muck, Sorels, etc. You may have to get out into very deep snow.
- Winter clothing: Just like above it is more than likely going to be cold and you will have to get out of your vehicle.
- Ice Scraper/Snow brush & -30 degree windshield washer fluid
Recommended Additional Items
- You do not need a Co-pilot but it is recommended to help with communication traffic and navigating the trails/roads. Plus it’s more fun with someone in the truck with you.
- Snatch and tow straps
- Navigation: Lowrance, Garmin, iPad, or Android tablet with an off-road map app.
- 5 gallons extra gas
- A Come along
- Floor jack and some wood blocks to help support it in the snow
- Auxiliary lighting: While it can’t be used on road it would be a great benefit on the Truck trails, Forrest Service roads.
- First Aid Kit
Island Resort and Casino
W399 U.S. 2
Harris, MI 49845
You must call hotel and use this group code: Ford Raptor Group
The entire event is based out of one hotel
Above Information Subject to Change
Official Auxiliary lighting of The 2021 Snoball:
Official Wrap of The 2021 Snoball:
Official Wheel of The 2021 Snoball:
Official Chase Light of The 2021 SnoBall: