01/14/22 - 01/17/22
This marks the 10th anniversary of SnoBall and where GLRE got started. For the 10th anniversary of this event, we are slightly moving back to the way it started, as a point to point event. We will do 2 nights in Marquette and 2 nights at the Island Resort and Casino, rooms are included with registration this year.
For 2022 we are currently limited in size as in the past.
6 Groups will be led by: TBD
- Alpha –Jason
- Bravo –Keith
- Delta –Red
- Echo –Shawn
- Yeti –Ted
- Zulu –TJ
- 4 nights of hotel rooms, 2 nights in Marquette, MI and 2 nights at Island Resort and Casino
- 3 Days of offroading in the snow covered UP of Michigan, lead by highly skilled and qualified GLRE Offroad support drivers
- 2022 SnoBall Cold Weather Apparel for each participant
- 2022 SnoBall Placards
- Entry to the 2022 SnoBall Banquet and Raffle
REGISTRATION– Sold Out
The 2022 SnoBall is the 10th Annual premier winter Raptor Run/driving experience. Some of the greatest memories and stories of Raptor adventures have been created during the past SnoBall’s. At the Snoball 10 you and your Raptor will encounter everything that Mother Nature and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan can throw at it. There will be areas of two track roads, logging trails, forest service roads and country roads. These roads will have varying degrees of snowfall on them, from significant snow fall to minimal/scraped country roads. From the moment you put the SnoBall official placard on your truck you are in for one of the most unique and exciting weekends ever. This is not a race we will stay together as a pack and work as a team to insure everyone makes it to each destination.
We have made some significant changes to the format and route this year. There are 3 specific routes, allowing only 2 groups on each trail at a time. This will minimize waiting and backups due to deep snow, stuck or broken down vehicles. As always, Dishno and other roads north of Champion are part of the planed route.
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions has chosen some of the most capable and experienced drivers as your group lead and chase trucks. You and your Ford Raptor will explore over 700 miles of the picturesque Upper Peninsula of Michigan within your group of 15 other Raptors. Lead and Chase trucks are outfitted with first aid kits, extraction equipment, VHF radio communications, GPS navigation and trail knowledge to get everyone to the final destination safely.
But the driving isn’t the only appeal to this run. We will also be staying at a few of the nicest locations in the UP. The newly renovated Holiday Inn Marquette and The Island Resort and Casino. *****Please no Air Horns in the Casino.
Friday Night (1/14/2022)
There will be a mandatory SnoBall kick off and registration from 8:00pm to 10:00pm in a dedicated room at Holiday Inn Marquette during which time there will be vendors showing off product and talking about future plans.
- 2000-2200 EST: SnoBall kick off meeting and registration at Holiday Inn, Marquette
All event times are in Eastern Time (Harris, MI is in the Central Time Zone)
Day 1: Saturday (1/15/2022)
This is the day everyone has been waiting for!!!! At 8:30am there will be a drivers meeting to go over some basics and so that everyone is on the same page.
- 0830 EST: Drivers Meeting
- 0900 EST: Groups to start departing Holiday Inn
Day 2: Sunday (1/16/2022)
- 0830 EST: Drivers Meeting
- 0900 EST: Groups to start departing Holiday Inn towards the Island Casino
Day 3: Monday (1/17/2022)
More Snow, More Cold, More Fun!
- 0830 EST: Drivers Meeting
- 0900 EST: Groups to start departing the Island Resort and Casino
- 2000 EST: SnoBall Banquet/ Awards presentation in the Island Resort and Casino’s banquet room, there will be a Cash Bar open at the banquet.
Depart for Home: Safe Travels
Starting at $1200 –
- Includes: Hotels, 2 SnoBall Winter Apparel Items, The SnoBall Placards, and entrance into SnoBall closing event.
- 100% Sober Driving. Alcohol consumption will not be tolerated on trails or anytime you are driving. Remember these are state/public roads. If caught you will be asked to leave.
- Illegal drug use will not be tolerated. Same as alcohol consumption
- Do not tailgate
- No littering
- Know the limitations of your driving ability and your Raptor for the conditions.
- No whiners!
- Everyone in your vehicle must have a filled out waiver. NO Exceptions! You will not be allowed to participate without everyone having a completed waiver.
- FUEL YOUR TRUCK UP EVERY EVENING!!!!!!!
What you need to bring
First and foremost every truck, Driver and Co-Pilot must be ready for the Ultimate cold weather Raptor Run ever planned. A positive attitude goes a long way. We will stay as a group though out this event and arrive at each destination as a pack, this is NOT a race. There will be times where the group is moving along great and other times where someone is stuck. The person stuck could be you one of the times so get out and help your fellow group members, its part of the appeal. Being as it is winter there maybe changes along the way depending on snow level for better and worse. Snow is the key to this trip, while it will be fun with minimal snow, blizzard type conditions make it unbelievable. Please keep an open mind and be prepared to be a part of the best cold weather Raptor Run ever planned.
Every truck must have these items at a minimum before participating in The 2019 SnoBall:
- VHF Radio or a MUR’s Radio (Marine VHF radios will not work)
Radio Frequencies (Please make sure that your radio is programmed for these frequencies)
- 151.820 MHz GLRE1
- 151.880 MHz GLRE2
- 151.940 MHz GLRE3
- 152.000 MHz TRR1
- 152.750 MHz TRR2
- Working 4wd and all maintenance up to date with no major issues
- Rear facing amber lights. Contact GJ Motorsports for the best option.
- Good tires: With a lot of tread remaining.
- Spare tire/Tires secured and located in the bed of the truck. Contact RPG Offroad, Allied Offroad or KHC for mounting solutions
- 2 bags of sand or cat litter
- One shovel
- 1 Quart of ATF Fluid ** Gen 1 Requirement
- Tow strap at least 20’ and rated to pull the truck
- Winter boots: Lacrosse, Muck, Sorels, etc. You may have to get out into very deep snow.
- Winter clothing: Just like above it is more than likely going to be cold and you will have to get out of your vehicle.
- Ice Scraper/Snow brush & -30 degree windshield washer fluid
Recommended Additional Items
- You do not need a Co-pilot but it is recommended to help with communication traffic and navigating the trails/roads. Plus it’s more fun with someone in the truck with you.
- Snatch and tow straps
- Navigation: Lowrance, Garmin, iPad, or Android tablet with an off-road map app.
- 5 gallons extra gas
- A Come along
- Floor jack and some wood blocks to help support it in the snow
- Auxiliary lighting: While it can’t be used on road it would be a great benefit on the Truck trails, Forrest Service roads.
- First Aid Kit
Holiday Inn Marquette
1951 US-41 West
Marquette, MI 49855
Island Resort and Casino
W399 U.S. 2
Harris, MI 49845
Above Information Subject to Change
Official Shock of The 2022 Snoball:
Official Axle of The 2022 Snoball:
Official Auxiliary lighting of The 2022 Snoball:
Official Wrap of The 2022 Snoball:
Official Wheel of The 2022 Snoball:
Official Tire of The 2022 SnoBall:
Island Resort & Casino Harris, MI