01/15/16 - 01/18/16
The 2016 SnoBall is the 4th Annual premier winter Raptor Run/driving experience. Some of the greatest memories and stories of Raptor adventures have been created during the past SnoBall’s. At the 2016 Snoball you and your Raptor will encounter everything that Mother Nature and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan can throw at it. There will be areas of two track roads, logging trails, forest service roads and country roads. These roads will have varying degrees of snowfall on them, from significant snow fall to minimal/scraped country roads. From the moment you put the SnoBall official placard on your truck you are in for one of the most unique and exciting weekends ever. This is not a race we will stay together as a pack and work as a team to insure everyone makes it to each destination.
We have made some significant changes to the format and route this year. There are 3 specific routes that you as a participant will be taking. Each day your group and 1 other group will be embarking on 1 of 3 predetermined trails.
Also new this year is an awards presentation for participants. We are going to be doing numerous awards including but not limited to, Best Truck of the SnoBall, Organizers Choice, Most Helpful Participant, etc. These awards will be nominated by your lead and chase drivers and presented at the banquet.
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions has chosen some of the most capable and experienced drivers as your group lead and chase trucks. You and your Ford Raptor will explore over 600 miles of the picturesque Upper Peninsula of Michigan within your group of 15 other Raptors. Lead and Chase trucks are outfitted with first aid kits, extraction equipment, VHF radio communications, GPS navigation and trail knowledge to get everyone to the final destination safely.
But the driving isn’t the only appeal to this run. We will also be staying at the nicest Hotel/Casino in the Upper Peninsula, The Island Resort and Casino. There we will hopefully have plenty of time to unwind in whatever fashion you desire, whether it is hanging out at the sports bar, gambling or getting a massage.
Don’t need to read the details? SOLD OUT
Island Resort and Casino
W399 U.S. 2
Harris, MI 49845
$99.99 + Tax [Code: Ford Raptor Group] The Whole event is now based out of 1 hotel
Friday Night (1/15/2016)
There will be a mandatory SnoBall kick off and registration from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the Eagles room at the Island Resort and Casino during which time there will be vendors showing off product and talking about future plans.
All event times are in Eastern Time (Harris, MI is in the Central Time Zone)
This is the day everyone has been waiting for!!!! At 8:30am there will be a drivers meeting just to go over some basics and so that everyone is on the same page.
Another day, another trail
Day 3: Monday (1/18/2016)
More Snow, More Cold!
Depart for Home: Safe Travels
$350 per Truck/Driver: Includes 1 SnoBall sweatshirt, The SnoBall Placards, driver’s bag and entrance into closing event.
$100 per Co-Driver/Passenger: Includes 1 the SnoBall sweatshirt, entrance into closing event.
- 100% Sober Driving. Alcohol consumption will not be tolerated on trails or any time you are driving. Remember these are state/public roads. If caught you will be asked to leave.
- Illegal drug use will not be tolerated. Same as alcohol consumption
- Do not tailgate
- No littering
- Know the limitations of your driving ability and your Raptor for the conditions.
- No whiners!
- Everyone in your vehicle must have a filled out waiver. NO Exceptions! You will not be allowed to participate without everyone having a completed waiver.
- FUEL YOUR TRUCK UP EVERY EVENING!!!!!!!
What you need to bring
First and foremost every truck, Driver and Co-Pilot must be ready for the Ultimate cold weather Raptor Run ever planned. A positive attitude goes a long way. We will stay as a group though out this event and arrive at each destination as a pack, this is NOT a Race. There will be times where the group is moving along great and other times where someone is stuck. The person stuck could be you one of the times so get out and help your fellow group members, it’s part of the appeal. Being as it is winter there maybe changes along the way depending on snow levels for better and worse. Snow is the key to this trip, while it will be fun with minimal snow, blizzard type conditions make it unbelievable. Please keep an open mind and be prepared to be a part of the best cold weather Raptor Run ever planned.
Every truck must have these items at a minimum before participating in the SnoBall 500
- VHF Radio or a MUR’s Radio (Marine VHF radios will not work)
Radio Frequencies (Please make sure that your radio is programmed for these frequencies)
- 151.820 MHz GLRE1 (Alpha & Yeti)
- 151.880 MHz GLRE2 (Bravo)
- 151.940 MHz GLRE3 (Charlie)
- 152.000 MHz TRR1 (Delta)
- 152.750 MHz TRR2 (Echo)
- Working 4wd and all maintenance up to date with no major issues
- Rear facing amber lights. KC Cyclones or Whelen Vertex are the popular choices
- Good tires: With a lot of thread remaining.
- Spare tire/Tires secured and located in the bed of the truck. Contact WSI Fabrication, TMX, RPG Offroad or KHC for mounting solutions
2 bags of sand or cat litter
- One shovel (at the least)
- 1 Quart of ATF Fluid
- Tow strap at least 20’ and rated to pull the truck
- Winter boots: Lacrosse, Muck, Sorels, etc. You may have to get out into very deep snow.
- Winter clothing: Just like above it is more than likely going to be cold and you will have to get out of your vehicle.
- Ice Scraper/Snow brush & -30 degree windshield washer fluid (don’t forget to cycle out the higher temperature rate fluid)
Recommended Additional Items
- You do not need a Co-pilot but it is recommended to help with communication traffic and navigating the trails/roads. Plus it’s more fun with someone in the truck with you.
- Snatch and tow straps
- Navigation: Lowrance, Garmin, iPad, or Android tablet with an off-road map app.
- 5 gallons extra gas
- A Come along
- Floor jack and some wood blocks to help support it in the snow
- Auxiliary lighting: While it can’t be used on road it would be a great benefit on the Truck trails, Forrest Service roads.
- First Aid Kit
- Apollo Optics
- Baja Kits by Brenthel
- Bison Coolers
- Cactus Creek Gourmet Coffee
- Craven Speed
- Crown Offroad
- Fiberwerx Offroad Fiberglass
- Ford Raptor Forum
- Freedom Motorsports
- G&P Motorsports
- LVJ Motorsports
- Method Race Wheels
- Night Raptor Tactical
- Raptor Addict
- Rappy Graphics
- RCV Performance Products
- Rogue Racing
- RSI Works llc
- Southeast Overland
- Sunrise Tactical Gear
- Traction Jack
Island Resort & Casino Harris, MI